It's Cold in the Middle East

Two weeks ago, I arrived at Doha's Hamad International Airport. Locally, it was 2:45AM. In the Philippines, it was 7:45AM. I had taken a flight out from Hong Kong to Mumbai then to Doha. Fashion-wise, I did not plan well. I mean, it's the Middle East, right? Like you'd see deserts all over the place and then you'll just burn up and die.

How stereotypical. LOL.

But really, no. The airport's temperature was okay, I was fine indoors. I was waiting for my mom's friend to come pick me up from the airport. I never really met her formally. She knew me from when I was still a kid, but I never really knew her. It was a good thing I had my Philippine number's roaming feature on, so she got a hold of me and we met outside. Before she arrived, I tried to get some fresh air because I was just on two flights which pretty much totalled 12 hours. The moment the doors opened, I felt like I was splashed with cold water.

And I thought it was chilly in Hong Kong. Coming from a tropical country, I complained that we were not getting enough cold weather in the Philippines, but find yourself in a foreign country that gets harsh hot and cold weather, you'd really wish you haven't left home. So yeah, I was unprepared.

On the way to the flat where she got me a bed-space (not a room), I saw that the roads were wet and that in some areas, they were even some big puddles.

I was like, Huh! It rained. It rained in the desert!

Then mom's friend says that it rarely rains in Qatar. I took it as a blessing, of course. Rain comes rarely to the Middle East, of course I'm thankful.

Now that I'm in the Middle East, the blog title can't really be Life in Zambo anymore. I can change the blog's title, but I think I'll keep it as is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Korokke / Japanese Croquettes

When you're not really OK

Zamboanga's Yakan Village is as Mindanao as could be