Of Love and Innocence

A few nights ago as I was getting dropped off at the villa, the youngest member of the house has been star gazing with her mother on an almost starless night. When I opened the gate and she saw me, she jumped up from her seat on the front porch's stairs and ran up to me while saying,

"Tita! Tita, you're here!"

Tita is a Filipino word, meaning "auntie". She said it with such excitement that it was hard not to return any affection. I picked her up and swung her in my arms from side to side and since she's someone else's kid, I'd rather not kiss her on the face, rather just nuzzled on the spot under her ear.

We were enjoying the moment, when she pulled on my cheeks, looked at me with such love and then she stuck her little tongue out and licked my lips. Then she giggled.

It was such a whoa moment for me, but having puppies kind of made me get used to little things licking me. LOL

When I put her down, she wanted to pull me in to the front yard, but I had someone with me, whom she totally ignored because she wanted my complete attention.

She invited me to sit on the stairs with her, while her mom sneaked off to watch some TV inside. I think she was pretty relieved to be relieved of baby sitting duties for a few minutes. I introduce mom and child to my friend, but the little girl looked at him with something akin to jealousy(?), as if he was a competitor for my love. She'd keep pulling me away from him towards her.

I had quite a few shopping bags with me, which I lugged upstairs to the third floor, while she bounced up the stairs by my side. In my room, she gushed as if my room was the greatest place in the world, hurriedly took her shoes off and ran up to the bed and pretended to be sleeping and having a nightmare.

When I finally got to get her back down to the common area, one of our housemates invited me to have dinner since there was too much food on the table. Despite managing my food intake, I gave in because I'd rather gain extra weight than waste food. I asked her to sit down and have some of what I was having and even if she didn't like chicken liver, she had some anyway. All because I said and showed her how yummy it was. Kid manipulation jutsu, is what I call it.

I kind of find it amazing how easy it is for me to trick little kids to eating stuff that they don't like. She did tell me that she liked the sauce, and not the meat, but she ate the meat anyway. To distract her, I had her look at some puppy videos on my phone and ate up. The videos couldn't distract her long enough, because she wanted to play with me.

She moved away from her seat and sat in my lap and kept asking for attention, while play-biting me. After eating, she sat up on the table facing me and squeezed my cheeks again, making me pucker up, then she kissed me over and over again. It was as if I was a well-loved toy, then she would giggle after. I actually wondered if that was how my dogs felt like when I played with them.

Even when I was washing the dishes, she was right there, waiting for me to finish up.

It was like having one of my dogs around, following my every move. I wondered then about what would happen when they finally move away and she grows up. She's three years old right now. Would she remember the lady who lived at the roof top, the one she always runs to whenever she sees her? Would she even remember how much she seemed to adore her, enough to actually lick her?

What kind of emotion drove her to actually do that? What do people start to feel when they want to kiss someone? Kids her age are honest beings, not letting anything keep them from doing whatever they want unless an adult interferes with their actions.

Can a person give a strong enough impression or make you feel so strongly about them that you couldn't help but think of them all the time? You would have to be extremely vulnerable to open yourself up to actually do that, and unless you're an animal or a child, it's going to be extremely difficult for a person to get me to feel anything for you.

Unless you're something special.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Korokke / Japanese Croquettes

When you're not really OK

Zamboanga's Yakan Village is as Mindanao as could be